Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Road is Long: Anawangin and Pundaquit



We have been to Anawangin and Pundaquit before so I wasn't really that excited about taking pictures over there.  The last trip was disappointing.  I wanted to take nature and landscape shots but there was just too many people.  I hoped that by going on a Friday, we would be coming in ahead of the crowd.

When we got there, I took a quick rest, strapped on my camera, and took a long walk by the beach.  The last time, I did not bother to walk around - and I don't know why. Pundaquit is a small fishing village located in San Antonio, Zambales.  Pundaquit is the jump-off point for tourists going to the nearby islands of Capones and Camara and Anawangin Cove.

The beach stretches out to infinity and most people decided to stay in front of their huts.  Walking away from the crowds, and in just a few minutes, I found this keeper.  Due to its unique geography, you get the hills and the beaches in close proximity - hence, the shot.


And, of course, you could never go wrong with the sunset.

IMG_0207

The next day, we went to Anawangin Cove.  There were fewer people than I expected.  It may either be the fact that we got there early or people were still afraid of going near the sea because of the unfortunate events in Japan.  After a quick dip and a quick brunch, I got to explore the area.  I crossed the marsh just behind the beach.  The water got up to my thighs when I realized that I had my lens cap in my pocket.  The dipping was worth it since I got this unique shot of the area.  You could see the beach, the marsh and, yes, pine trees.

Anawangin

Just after I took this shot, I heard my wife calling my name.  It's time to head home.  Next time, I'll visit Capones and take photos of the lighthouse.

2 comments:

Designed by ScreenWritersArena