Monday, October 7, 2013

Worldwide Photowalk: Davao's Baywalk

This is the second time I was able to participate in Scott Kelby's Worldwide Photowalk.  The first time was last year in Manila and this year, I joined the walk at Davao's Baywalk.

A photowalk is an event where photography enthusiasts meet and take pictures together.  I consider it a great experience since I can meet people to talk to about my passion and learn from their experiences.

Davao's Baywalk is built on reclaimed land near the famous (or is it infamous?) Queensland Motel. The original developers may have planned to set up a trendy seaside attraction with restaurants and bars but never finished.  You have replicas of Michelangelo's David and the Little Mermaid statue in Denmark.  You also have unfinished shops and paths that provide a contrast.  Right now, the Baywalk serves as an exercise and fishing spot for residents early in the morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Designed by ScreenWritersArena